RIHLA #19


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 21st 2012
Published: February 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

1) Some of the main reasons why books are being banned are due to sex, profanity, and racism.

2) I do not agree with the reasons of why the books are banned. I don't because those are all topics that sooner or later, the student will face throughout his or her life. The books just teach the past about this topic or how to face it in today's society. Therefore, these subjects are in books simply to teach the students how to deal these topics in life.

3) Once again, I think these topics are critical for high school students to learn about because they will face them in life. Racism, profanity, and of course sex, are topics that are definitely all still in our society today. Students should be able to learn about these topics past, present, and future.

4) I think the principles, deans, and CPS head are the people who influence teacher on what they should teach or should not teach.

5) One way people could fight against book censorship is by gathering many people to start a protest. In your protest, you will explain the reasons why books should not be censor. For example, racism should not be censored because that is a topic that unfortunately still exists, and students need to know how to handle it in life.

6) Censoring books is really against the law. The Constitution of the United States states that people have freedom of speech and freedom of press, and by censoring books, this law is not being followed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0688s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 999.2kb