RIHILA #19


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 22nd 2012
Published: February 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Some books are banned due to sex, racism, or profanity being some of the biggest reasons. Really I think that he books have been banned, challegened, or restricted is because most of these books contain the same thing in common; the things that we see on T.V. On tv we see really the same things like cursing, violence, small amounts of pornography.

The books shouldn't be banned because most of them have significant meanings todays world. For example a book I found to be pretty good was the adventures of huckleberry berry fin, it was banned because of the use of the n word and the way a slave lived at the time . Some people saw this as an offense to people today,really I don't see why the book is offensive.

I think the bored of education along with the government or whom ever runs the state controls the learning environment. In a case like this Mr. Sicat and mayor Rob Emmanuel are the ones in charge of what people learn in the state and school.

The best I can say to books like the onesgetting banned is something like don't judge a. Book by its cover. In this case this is real because we are facing a situation in which anything offensive can be a bad book. I'm honestly surprised that 1984 isn't banned because of how it described the society.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0216s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb