Rihla 19


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 21st 2012
Published: February 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

RIHLA #19 What are some of the reasons that books are banned in high schools? Do you agree with any of these reasons? Explain. Some of the reasons these books are banned in high schools is because of sex, profanity, and racism. I agree if the kids reading these books are too young. What reasons do you NOT agree with (this means that you think high school students SHOULD be able to read about these topics). Why?High school students should be able to read these books because they're old enough. And these topics might be of interest to them and how they view the world. Who do you think pressures teachers on what they should or shouldn't teach? If one wanted to fight against book censorship, explain at least one way in which they could do so.I think the school leaders are the ones that pressure teachers on what to teach their students. And they might lose their job. Getting the teachers, students, and powerful leaders to help protest against how the books shouldn't be censored. Any other additional thoughts or comments? No.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0318s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 994.4kb