RIHLA #19


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 20th 2012
Published: February 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

HIGH SCHOOL BANNED BOOKS

in an attempt to eliminate offensive topics in schools, such as sex, profanity, and racisim, the government wants to ban books that presents those ideas all toghther. While I do think that what the government intend to do is good, I do feel that banning certain books from schools don't give people thier rights to read whatever they please. I think its important to not sugarcode things because these topics they want to ban are real and students are going to come across them anyway, so just be honest with people. I thikn that there are certain topics that students need to be taught and students need to learn something from. At the rate that they are going, students wont be able to learn about the holocaust because that may offend some people, but that is apary of history and should be taught in schools.

I think that the government pressures teachers on what they can and cannot teach. They try to regulate what people can read and write and that worng. Ikm not really sure how you can fight against it. I dont know, maybe just test their theory, see whether what they are doing has benefits or poor consequences.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb