Rihla #18


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 14th 2012
Published: February 14th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Whether location influences a person's actions



Part One (The Interview):

1. Name of Interviewee: Cereida Prochowski



2. Relationship to Interviewee: Daughter/Mother relationship



3. Decade of Choice: 1993



4. The environment was consisted of Hispanics & African Americans within the community she lived in. There was not a lot to do in the neighborhood because there were no libraries, grocery stores, or parks. The neighborhood was full of drug activity, and young kids standing on the corners trying to make a profit.



5. Major activities were the following: volunteer work, going to church,and going to work. She had to work a lot because her husband going to school, and she had three kids that she had to support.



6. The major social issues of that decade included poverty and work stability.



7. The biggest turning point during that decade for her was her change of job. It was the biggest turning point because economically things got better for her, she now works for the county government, has flexible hours, and was able to continue college.



Part Two (Your Reflection):

1. I think location has not influenced her actions because she lived in a poor area, but she did not let the poor area stop her from achieving her dreams. She took my siblings and I to different communities, schools, and districts that she felt safe for us being in and intereacting with others. She went above and beyond to show us what the world had to offer other than our community with a positive attitude about life.

2. I agree that location does not factor into our actions because just because you live in a certain area does not mean you have to act as others do in that certain area.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.1046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1000kb