RIHLA #17


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 7th 2012
Published: February 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Castiglione believed that it was best for men to be loved than feared. It was his belief that the perfect man had to possess all of the positive traits that people have including but not limited to boldness, strength, loyalty, and eloquent speaking. Castiglione also felt that men should not pretend to be something that they aren't. This description of the ideal man is something that I agree with. This is because I don't believe that it's impossible for men to be good. The qualities that Castilione believes an ideal man should have are qualities that I believe men are still capable to have today. However, while I feel that men are still capable of possessing these qualities, I don't feel that many men that fit Castiglione's description still exist.

I think that Castiglione has such an extensive description of the ideal man because the renaissance was a time when the people of Europe were extremely optimistic. I think this time of rebirth influenced Castiglione's perception of how people ahould be. As a result, Castiglione believed that people were capable of and should possess only positive qualities.

I think it is best that people lead through love instead of fear. The main reason for this belief is that with fear comes resentment. Often times where people lead with fear, they aren't loved. When a leader is loved, the people that are under their rule are more likely to be open to their policies and less likely to try to go against the law.

Throughout history, Hitler was one leader who felt it was best to lead by far. He believed in the pure Aryan race and wanted to rid the world of anyone who threatened his plan. Hitler wanted to force the seperation of Jewish and non-Jewish Germans. Hitler also went as far as to prevent non-Aryans from becoming German citizens. The Holocaust was the most prominent proof of Hitler's style of leadership. At this point Hitler went to the extreme to push his policy of racial hygiene. This was a point in history where Hitler ordered the murder of millions of Jews who were snatched from their homes and sent to concentration camps, many of whom were never seen alive again. Hitler also order the murder of any people who helped Jews in any way.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0545s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb