Firecat Pawprints


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
October 17th 2011
Published: October 18th 2011
Edit Blog Post

1. "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."
- Winston Churchill

Meaning: We live off of what we are offered, but our lives depend on our efforts.
Significance: We need to work hard for our own lives because we are the ones in control. If you don't work hard, you will only get what you are given.

2. "The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is a knowledge of our own ignorance."
- Benjamin Franklin

Meaning: Being aware of your ignorance makes you wiser.
Significance: You should not be ignorant, but if you are, do something to change it. You will be wiser by recognizing your bad things like ignorance. Also, you will be more aware of yourself through your own attitudes.

3. "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Meaning: You should create your own path instead of following the trails left by others.
Significance: Instead of being a follower, you can explore your own possibilities by trying something new. You never know what is ahead unless you discover it.

4. "À cœur vaillant rien d'impossible."
(Nothing is impossible for a willing heart)
- French proverb

Meaning: Nothing is impossible for a willing heart.
Significance: You can accomplish anything you set your mind in when you work for it. Always be willing to work because nothing can stop if you do. Hard work can lead to success.

5. Imagine where you want to be puts you closer to your dreams.

Meaning: Looking into the future motivates you toward your dreams.
Significance: You should always look ahead, so you recognize what you want. Then, you will know what to do in order to accomplish them.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0547s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb