Rihla #4


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
October 2nd 2011
Published: October 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Dear Rihla,
1) I picked the article that had the issue of substance abuse and homelessness. I choose this issue because I wanted to know more about the two having a connection. Also, why would people want to resort to substance abuse and how alcohol and drugs affects their lives.

2) I learned that substance abuse is both a cause and effect of homelessness. A high percent of homeless people struggle with substance abuse and overcoming this issue. It was stated that substance abuse was the largest cause for single adults and "two thirds of homeless people reported that it was their cause for becoming homeless". Also, people who are homeless use drugs and alcohol to make their pain go away, but what they do not realize it that it only makes it go away for a little bit.

3) The homeless people remind me of the lower classes and how substance abuse is similar to those who are in power of the lower classes. The substance reminds me of the caste system and how its the cause of different classes and creates the role of the person. It is just like how substance abuse is the cause and result of homelessness.

4) The article make me want to investigate the reasons of why they want to do drugs and alcohol. Also, why would they want to reach to such a low point.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0509s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb