Rihla #3


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
September 25th 2011
Published: September 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Dear Rihla,

1) The article "India's "Untouchables" face violence, discrimination" relates to what we are learning or learned in class because of the caste system. We learned about different groups and classes that have power over others and in the article it states what group or people that have the power or not. It shows how the caste system is taking place in real life.

2) I believe that there were many people who were against the caste system in India, but could do nothing about what was going on. In the article the untouchables know that there life is unfair, but they can not do anything due to to the system and people who are in power.

3) The untouchables treatment relates to how the Jews and African Americans were treated. The untouchables were considered as unworthy and a nobody. Slaves and Jews were treated as inferior and objects rather than human beings which relates to the untouchables.
Also, the untouchables did jobs that were "unclean" for little pay and children did slave work as well for little pay as well. African Americans and Jews were slaves who did slave work in horrible conditions as well.

4) I thought it was interesting and shocking that 15 million children work in slave like places with receiving little pay. I know that I would never be caught working in horrible conditions and getting paid only $1 because that is very sad and insane. I also found shocking was about the mistreatment of women. It brought attention to me because they treated women horribly.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0622s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb