Rihla #3


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
September 26th 2011
Published: September 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

1.This article relates to what we are learning in class. I can connect this article to class work because it talks about the caste system. Different groups have more power/control than others. For instance, the Kshatriyas have power over the untouchables.
2.I think many people are against the caste system in India but feel forced to accept the rules. People against the caste system are probably intimidated by the upper class. Moreover, if they try to speak out, they might face serious consequences like death.
3.The untouchables are considered unworthy and the outcastes. They perform jobs that are seen as unclean for very little pay. This group of people can compare to the Jews and slaves. These people had no freedom and were seen and treated as the lower class. They had no options but to do as they were told. Furthermore, they experienced poverty, illiteracy, and oppression.
4.I was surprised when I read that police officers dismissed at least 30 percent of rape complaints as false. Instead of protecting the people,as they should, they are going against the people and causing more problems in society.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.206s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1175s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb