Chicago! (no more business!)


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
April 25th 2008
Published: May 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

By Thursday, the 24th, there was no more business to be had! Nicole, Kassie & I spent most of the day walking around southend districts of Chicago -- near Mag Mile, Wacker street, Milemim Park, Navy Pier, etc. We started off the day with an Architeture tour on the river. Very fascinating. It was 90 minutes of history lesson and architectural visuals!

Down by Wacker, there was a camera crew set up filming a Candian Pilot called "Tower". We didn't really recognize any of the stars, but did have a lengthy chat with a 'local' about the neighborhoods, movie stars, and where to go while we're in town. There's tons of movies shot in Chicago, so the stars truly do "walk among us" there! We sent Kassie home that evening...

Friday was spent visiting the Chicago Art Institue, and then taking the EL up to Wrigley field area. Our wer from dinner the night before suggested a perfect place to chomp down on one of the best Hot Dogs I've ever had -- Byrons off Sheffield. Nicole & I later met up with a freind from home (Michelle) and her sister to see a show at Second City . We got aboslutely POURED upon coming out of the resturant that night! Crazy thunder & lightnigh storm, too. Oh, how can I forgt our brush with stardom?? That's right, some cop in Starbux introduced us to an actor/director guy that talked with us for 30 minutes or so while we waited for Michelle & Ann to show up.

Our last day was spent walking up and down the Mag Mile window shopping. Would definitely want to visit again!! Thanks Chicago!


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Chicago reflectedChicago reflected
Chicago reflected

bldgs reflected in it's own buildings
Moose near Tribune bldgMoose near Tribune bldg
Moose near Tribune bldg

Nicole & I pose!
The BeanThe Bean
The Bean

Kassie & Nicole pose
Blick art storeBlick art store
Blick art store

this is where I spend $100's of dollars per year!!!
Yummy dog!Yummy dog!
Yummy dog!

greenest relish I've ever seen....


Tot: 0.192s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0613s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb