Chicago! (Business & Pleasure)


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
April 23rd 2008
Published: May 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Ready for FOOD!Ready for FOOD!Ready for FOOD!

Kassie & Nicole stroll the street
Day two of the convention came & went... we spent the morning at the Career Fair table, then doned the "on the green" shirts and worked the booth in the main exhibition hall. With sore feet & empty stomachs (we missed out on lunch to work the exhibition booth that day) we head back to the Hotel & changed. It was off to do something F-U-N!!

Nicole joined up with us at this point -- she had been out & about checking the neighborhood out & taking pictures of the sights already! A little trick to share... one can go up to 233 South Wacker to the Sears Tower & pay the $14+ OR head up to the 96th (?) floor of the John Hancock Tower for a drink in the lounge for $11+! The view is similair, but the added bonus of a cocktail & a snack plus being less crowded is more appealing. As we were hopping onto the elevator to head down, some lady asked us if we took a look at the Ladies room. The Ladies room? Let's go! Glad she told us to do so.... (see picture)

We grabbed dinner down off Rush Street
John HancockTowerJohn HancockTowerJohn HancockTower

famous architecture that ensurs safety -- we head up 90+ floors!
that night and waited to see if we could make any movie star sightings -- Jonny Depp, Andy Garcia, and others had been sighted in the city the week we were there.

On the way back to hotel, we saw the



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Spider's viewSpider's view
Spider's view

We asked ourselves "how did that spider get up here?"
table next to the window!table next to the window!
table next to the window!

We happened a cross this table right next to the window overlooking the South part of the city!!
Rush StreetRush Street
Rush Street

Wish I could capture the yummy smells from all the fun resturants...
Water Tower bldgWater Tower bldg
Water Tower bldg

only building to whithstand the great Chicago Fire of 1871


Tot: 0.204s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0523s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb