Chicago


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
July 15th 2005
Published: August 1st 2005
Edit Blog Post

We were out having dinner at a Mexican restaurant and Julia (a local) told me she was going to Chicago on the weekend. So I hit her up to take us (Sara-Denmark, Aika-Kasakstan & Nastia-Russia) as well, and it was set we were going to Chicago!

We left camp Friday after the we got rid of all the kids and after a 5 hour drive we got there (and we gained a hr in time difference) and went to the hostel. That night we made a few friends (Denmark chicks & a few U.S lads) and had a few sly drinks out the front porch. Because there was no drinking at the hostel, yer crazy I now!!

After an hr or 2 sleep we got up to hit downtown & a whole lot of shopping. 3 chicks (2 of which didn’t drink and had a good night sleep), the shopping capital of the U.S & being tired as hell and hangover = a painful day for me.
It wasn’t too bad I had a few coffees and we saw a heap of Chicago. We went to the harbor on lake Michigan, it’s huge you look out and you
Lake MichiganLake MichiganLake Michigan

This is the beach or what they call a beach in michigan.
can’t see land it’s like an ocean.

Ten hrs later we got back to the hostel and I went for a swim in the lake, our hostel was only 2 streets from the lake. Later that night we (Chris, a local, Sara and 2 other Danish girls) went out to see a few drum & bass DJ’s in a real old school movie theater with 2 stages. The Danish girls weren’t 21 and they had beers and got kicked out, but Chris and me stayed and it was real tops.
After a tiny amount of sleep we got up and met Julia in town and we made the painful drive back to camp.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Chicago hostelChicago hostel
Chicago hostel

IT was a pretty cool hostel.
SecuritySecurity
Security

This was a security guard at the water front parks.And she wouldn't even let me have a go!


7th August 2005

hi
interesting story and pics where are you? when is the next tblog? check your email

Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 26; qc: 104; dbt: 0.0749s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb