Another Take on Airline Food


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
January 5th 2024
Published: January 6th 2024
Edit Blog Post

From Clever Journey: Qatar Airways, Air New Zealand, and Singapore Airlines offer the best airline food, according to AirlineRatings.com. Emirates served over 110 million meals in 2019, with 70 million special meals catering to dietary requirements.Airline food quality has improved significantly, with fresher ingredients and celebrity chef collaborations.Average cost of a meal on a domestic US flight is around $10.

Airlines with the Best Food, According to Reviews


Qatar Airways: Known for its award-winning cuisine, Qatar Airways offers a variety of dishes catering to all tastes, from traditional Arabic mezze to Western favorites. (Not a fan, but the flight was in SE Asia not the Middle East) In Qatar Airways’ smart Qsuite cabins, Champagne is served on arrival, as well as fruity mocktails and freshly brewed coffee and tea. Guests can request their meal at any time during the flight. Feast on French toast with red berries and crème fraiche for breakfast, chicken tagine for dinner and classic pavlova with cream and fresh berries for dessert. Linen tablecloths and delicate fine bone china are a nice touch too.Air New Zealand: This airline prides itself on using locally sourced, sustainable ingredients and offers a wide range of meal options for passengers. (I once crashed their lounge, and the food was outstanding!) If you’re on traveling Business Premier with Air New Zealand, you’ll enjoy dishes developed by native chefs. On the menu is beef fillet with kumara and red onions cooked in balsamic, horseradish and beetroot chrain or chermoula-rubbed salmon with spiced cauliflower and cardamom couscous. Top-drawer desserts include a dark chocolate and hazelnut praline delice. Wine connoisseurs won't be left out as Air New Zealand also has a wine shop where you can purchase drinks you've sampled onboard after the flight.Singapore Airlines: With partnerships with renowned chefs, Singapore Airlines serves high-quality, multicultural dishes that appeal to a global audience. (I vote for Singapore) You're promised "a restaurant setting" in the sky onboard Singapore Airlines' first class. There's a slew of international chefs on the airline's culinary panel, including three-Michelin-starred Georges Blanc, so dishes have global influences. On first class flights from New York, the menu might include grilled shrimp and scallops, seafood congee or slow-roasted beef fillet. The drinks selection is also top notch, with Krug, Dom Pérignon and more on the menu.

In 2019, Emirates airline served over 110 million meals on board its flights, with over 70 million special meals requested by passengers with dietary requirements. Airlines are increasingly catering to diverse diets, including vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, and religious preferences. To ensure you receive a meal that meets your needs, be sure to request a special meal at least 24 hours before your flight. I do not recall flying Emirates. But a clever way to get a "better" meal is to ask for a special meal. Most vegetarian meals are very food, with fresh ingredients. Did you know many people (according to my former sheriff friend) incarcerated in prisons become "Muslim" because the food is better?

Insider tips:
Pre-order your meal: Some airlines allow you to pre-order your meal, ensuring you get your preferred choice.BYO snacks: If you're unsure about the food offerings, bring your own snacks as a backup. Stay hydrated: Airplane cabins can be dehydrating, so be sure to drink plenty of water during your flight.Explore airport food options: If you have a layover, take the opportunity to try local cuisine or find healthier options in the airport before boarding your next flight.

Singapore is my favorite, both in the air and in their lounge. Surprisingly, I was impressed with the American Airlines lounge in Chicago, and the Priority Pass lounge in San Diego. Japan Airlines lounge in Tokyo had a beer tap at my seat! And the largest airline club I have ever visited is Turkish Airlines in Istanbul.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 27; dbt: 0.027s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb