Homeward Bound-Day 2


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Idaho » Twin Falls
May 20th 2013
Published: May 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

We planned to do the underground tour in Pendleton, however due to a special event over the weekend, it was closed on Monday. Instead we toured the Pendleton Woolen Mill, where they make Native American blankets. We were able to see the entire process in action. Interestingly, the geometric shapes on the blankets are made using punch card technology (60's era)in the machine. The other blankets with cowboy, wildlife and other images use computer technology. Monday was a long travel day heading to Twin Falls, Idaho. We originally planned to stop at the Boise Capitol, however, an iPhone malfunction caused us to stop at an Apple store instead. We found the mountain roads in Oregon much more stunning than those in Idaho. We decided to take a scenic detour by the Snake River Canyon Scenic Byway and through the Fossil Bed fields on Route 30 East. It was very scenic! We had dinner at an authentic Mexican Restaurant, returned to our hotel room and crashed!


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Snake RiverSnake River
Snake River

Rapids at this point in the river
Displays of three trails westDisplays of three trails west
Displays of three trails west

Oregon Trail wagon ruts were visible just in front of the sign. Incredibly desolate area. How did the travelers survive.


Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0429s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb