U.S. Northwest - Day 17


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Idaho » Boise
July 28th 2021
Published: July 29th 2021
Edit Blog Post

20210728_08545920210728_08545920210728_085459

The ever so welcome stop for coffee
We were up and on our way soon after 6am. Once we got out of the town, we drove sooo many miles without seeing a single place to stop for coffee. Finally, we spotted the Silver Lake Mercantile. The place was so welcome, and the owners were quite friendly. The lady had a lot of unusual decorations outside, reminding of my wife. We grabbed our coffees and continued down the numerous small roads that would eventually lead us to Idaho and our final destination of Boise. Besides be so desolate, we ran into two different places where they were working on the road. The first one was a short wait to be lead down single open lane, but the second one was a 20-minute wait, and at a time we were a little worried about arriving at Enterprise in time. When we'd rented the car, the guy not only let us pick it up well before 5pm and told us we could still return at 5pm, but he also said if we got there before 4pm they would take us to our motel for the night.

I can't remember the name of the place we stopped for lunch, but again
20210728_16293120210728_16293120210728_162931

Our Super 8 stop for the night
it was such a long distance from the last stop where we got coffee, and the only one we found. We ordered two orders of fried fish and tater tots to go. Well, I guess we should have ordered only one, because they really piled on both, with a nice cup of dipping sauce. It was some of the best fried fish I'd had. We ate our food along the way, and finally reached Interstate 84, and eventually Idaho and Boise... at 3:40pm! After waiting a little for their driver to return, we loaded up their vehicle and headed to our Super 8 by Windham for the night. It is very close to the airport, but we asked for a shuttle at 6am rather than try to walk there that early, dragging our luggage and such. Our room is nice, especially after all the bare bones cabins we'd been staying in. Around 6:30pm, I walked to a Denny's a few blocks away and ordered chocolate and bananas pancakes. Manoli wasn't hungry, but the order was so big and so good, she couldn't resist.

Tomorrow we wake up around 5:30am, get our shuttle to the airport and take off around
20210728_16375820210728_16375820210728_163758

Manoli taking advantage of the comfort
7:22am, headed to Dallas/Fort Worth again. This time, our layover there isn't short, being about 10 hours! I have a book to read, my computer to play with, and my travel pillow for a likely nap. We'll arrive back in Greenville at 11:22pm, grab our car from the Hertz garage, and drive home. I may make another entry tomorrow, if I have enough to say.

Advertisement



29th July 2021

all good things have to come to an end.
Now you can start planning for next year. I enjoyed your posts and photos and look forward to reading about that adventure. Susan and I have been up in Salem MA for a few weeks and will be returning to Pcola next week, so we are back in time for the peak of hurricane season, which I'm sure you don't miss. So, care and enjoy the rest of the summer. Doc

Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb