First Full Day in Kauai and a Dinner Cruise to the Na' Pali Coast


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Poipu
July 25th 2014
Published: July 27th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We settled in at our resort in Poipu, the Koa Kea Hotel, and spent some time exploring the property and nearby beaches. Then we got in a little sun time in before we left for our sunset dinner cruise. The cruise was on a 65-foot catamaran that holds 49 passengers plus the crew. We left port at 3:00pm and it took more than 2 hours, under power, to head up the west coast of Kauai to the Na' Pali coast. There are no roads that lead to this area, so the only way to see it is from the ocean or the air. You can also hike into the area, but it is at least and all-day hike. You can see from the pictures the incredible cliffs formed by thousands of years of erosion. Kauai is the oldest of the Hawaiian main islands, which is why this unique geology is only found here.

After we reached Na' Pali and took in the sights, the captain turned around and we headed back under sail. This is when the crew prepared and served us dinner - the meals are right there cooked on-board. My grilled steak was very good and it seemed like everyone was happy with their dinners. Then we got to view the sunset while at sea and it was another beautiful one. We arrived back at port around 8:00pm, and headed back to our hotel with another full day under our belts. Tomorrow we have the helicopter tour of the island!

Lots of pictures today - be sure to scroll down to see them all.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



29th July 2014

Wow
Wow!
30th July 2014

Wonderful wild Kauai
Isn't Kauai something? And the Napoli coast? You guys look like you are having a a fabulous time! Enjoy. Can't wait to hear all about it. Linda

Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0541s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb