Day 4 Waikiki & Diamond Head16 June 2015


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Oahu » Waikiki
June 16th 2015
Published: June 23rd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Day 4 Waikiki 16 June 2015

Today was going to be another Honolulu based day which included jumping on and off the Aloha Shuttle.

Some of the sights we saw were the Army Museum in Waikiki, the Oceanarium in the Pacific Beach Hotel where you can eat and watch the underwater show, the Old Market Plaza and Museum which was next to our hotel and the (pink) Royal Hawaiian Hotel one of 1st hotels in Waikiki.

After a busy walking and bus riding day, we caught a taxi to the start of the walk up Diamond Head Crater which is a headland we could see from our hotel. It is an old volcano crater. The walk took about 35 minutes to the most spectacular view of Honolulu. It was a beautiful clear day so we could see for kilometres.

At this time of the year, Honolulu is very dry, one of the features we noticed while walking up to the headland. We saw multiple bunkers and areas that had clear view of the southern sea, all of which made the area suitable for defence of the island.

We then took over an hour to walk down the volcano and back to our hotel.

Once back at our hotel, we walked through the Farmers Market which was held twice a week in the atrium of our hotel Hyatt Regency. There was lots of local fresh produce for sale as well as a variety of food for dinner. As we had already booked a special dinner in the hotel that night, the only things we bought were strawberry and Taro donuts - yum, and a packet of Sweet Potato & Taro chips. They were worth trying.

Our dinner at the Japengo Restaurant at the Hyatt Regency was lovely. After all the exercise we had done during the day we were both hungry, therefore enjoying our 3 course meal with wine.

......another satisfying day in Hawaii.


Additional photos below
Photos: 39, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0497s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb