Hawaii, Waikiki


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Oahu » Waikiki
May 1st 2012
Published: June 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Our last stop on the way home, three nights in Waikiki, Honolulu. Ron had suggested staying at the Moana Surfrider as it was a beautiful historic hotel located right on the beach at Waikiki. Established in 1901 the hotel is often referred to as the "First Lady of Waikiki". We were pleased we had booked the Ocean View rooms as not only could we see and hear the surf from our room we also had a fantastic view of Diamond Head.

We enjoyed walking along the beach to have a drink or meal at one of the other hotels close by. We had cocktails at the Pink Royal Hawaiian and dinner at the Halekulani both famous for their sunset views but unfortunately at this time of year the sunset is just out of view. Luckily we had been able to enjoy the sunsets in Maui at the start of our trip.

Our three days in Waikiki were mainly spent relaxing at the hotel apart from a little shopping trip to the Ala Moana Centre. There were a number of things we enjoyed about the hotel including sitting outside on balmy evenings listening to the traditional Hawaiian singers and watching the gorgeous Hulu dancers, relaxing in the piano bar, traditional high tea on the verandah, seafood dinners and the buffet breakfasts. The hotel was very popular for Asian weddings so was always very busy and the bedrooms were a little small but overall it was a beautiful place to enjoy the last days of our trip.

Our last morning was spent enjoying a buffet breakfast on the verandah followed by paddling in the warm waters of the Pacific before heading off to the airport for our flight home. We were sad to have come to the end of our six weeks away but had lots of lovely memories to take home with us.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.345s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0674s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb