Day 3 - yes, I know its a little late!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Oahu » Waikiki
December 1st 2007
Published: December 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi all.

We arrived in Honolulu on Thu morning (after leaving Thu evening), but with the cost of wireless here in the hotel, we wanted to wait til we had some time to kill in the hotel before we logged on.

The flight wasn't bad; 9hrs 20. The fact that Hawaii is 21 hrs behind AEDT means that we were able to hit the ground running. Its amazing how good it feels to be able to 'do over' a day!

Our hotel is excellent - we stayed here last time as well - so they gave us a place to shower and freshen up. We walked "the strip" til early afternoon on the first day, and spent the rest shopping. We've also done a bit of the latter since! The shops are open til 10 or 11 at night, which is convenient but very dangerous! The shopping here is always good, but since the Thanksgiving holiday was only last week, their sales are fantastic.

Diamond Head monument was our destination today. It was a bit of a hike in the humidity, but worth it when we reached the top. Hopefully you can see this in the pic.
view to Waikiki from Diamond Head Craterview to Waikiki from Diamond Head Craterview to Waikiki from Diamond Head Crater

link to info on the crater url=http://oahu.aloha-hawaii.com/activities/hiking+diamond+head/
Its been a bit wet, but not cold. We went to the aquarium as well. And of course, found some time to do a little bit of shopping..

Tomorrow we're going further out along the west coast for the day, and Monday we leave for Maui. Hopefully we can log in again there. We then get back to Honolulu for the day on Fri, and sadly go back home on Sat morning. This gets us into Sydney on Sun afternoon; the only problem with the time difference is that it catches up with you eventually!


Jules and Len


Advertisement



2nd December 2007

Hiya
Yay someone else with a travelblog. Lovely view from your balcony - good to see Lenny has a tinny as well :-) Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb