First Big Day


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Oahu » Honolulu
October 17th 2011
Published: October 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today our plan was to get up early, go to Pearl Harbor, then on into Waikiki to mess around until our sunset cruise on the Maita'i catamaran, and that's pretty much what we did.

I did get up early enough to go to our beach and take some sunrise pictures while the others took showers and prepared for the day. There was a nice cooperative cloud over Manana Island (it's a state seabird sanctuary just offshore from Waimanalo).

We went to Pearl Harbor in the morning (dealt with in Pearl Harbor Redux). After, we ended up going to a little conveyer sushi place near there where we ate all the sushi. Then we headed over to Waikiki. We had intended to have time to walk around and look at things, but true to form, we had pretty much enough time to find and use the restroom, and then queue up for the catamaran (just like last time).

The cruise was awesome and unlike last time, the mai tais were free and unlimited. Well, there was a limit, they only brought 10 gallons of mai tais for the whole boat, but it was okay; it turns out that 10 gallons is a lot of mai tais. As a bonus, they played a bunch of 80s hits, which we all sang along with and embarrassed ourselves. Well, not ourselves, really; I think we mostly embarrassed Laura and Anne.

Naturally, the adults were all pretty good when we came back in to shore, and decided that it would be wise to get some supper before heading back to the beach house. So we tried a steak and seafood place. We got on the list, and then decided to check Urban Spoon for reviews, at which point we determined that nobody seemed to like the place. So, we bailed.

We tried using Urban Spoon to find a Chinese restaurant, but that was made of lose and fail, and we eventually settled on L&L Hawai'ian BBQ (a plate-lunch place). I had the Loco Moco, which is apparently a thing. It was okay, but I decided to veto any further plate-lunch.

Finally, we were much less hungry and ready to drive back over the mountains to the beach house, so we did.

It was a pretty good day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.161s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0775s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb