Day 9 - Maui, Hawaii


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Maui
August 24th 2009
Published: August 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We could not sleep well. Car alarm went off intermittently between 1 and 3 am. We finally work up around 7 am. Kids had homemade omelets. Their scuba lessons start at 9:30 in the neighboring pool. Initial lesson in the pool is free. If the participants are comfortable, instructor would take them to Ocean dive right behind the resort. Instructor asked us to hang around for an hour. It is possible that the ears do not adjust as they dive down. He didn’t want to take anybody whose ears did not get adjusted. P2 had this problem. So we decided to send only P1 to the open dive. Meanwhile, there was a concierge desk next to the pool. We were interested in seeing a Hawaiian show. We talked to the rep there. It was a day off for Ule ‘lena. So we decided to try this new show called “Cirque Polynesia”. We bought the tickets for that evening. Venue is inside the Hyatt.
P1 went with 3 others to perform his open dive. We rented a boogie board for a day. All of us went back to the resort. P2 and I went back to the ocean behind with the boogie board waiting for P1. It was not easy to use it. The beach in this area has rock outcroppings as well. P1 had a great time under water. He went down to the depth of 40 feet and played with turtles. When we came back home it was close to 2 PM. We were all hungry and had lunch at home.
After an hour of rest, we got readied to head to Hyatt. We needed to be there by 6 PM. We parked in Hyatt and confirmed our tickets. It is a big resort area with waterfalls, statues and tropical plants and birds around. The show was between 7 and 8:20 PM. First thing you notice after the show started was that not many were Polynesian. Only one person looked like a Samoan. All others were either east European or Russian. There were acrobats, balancing acts, magician and more.
After the show, we headed toward the resort. We stopped by the Star Market to pick up buttermilk. Pizza Paradisio next door was about to close. We ordered a take-out, Pesto Pizza there. We took the Pizza home. Now, this will be the last night in Papakea. Our plane leaves at 9:30 PM the following day. One last round of washing was waiting for us. Sindhu started to pack in preparation.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.337s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0575s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb