Sea, Sun, Relaxation and Lahaina


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Maui » Lahaina
February 11th 2016
Published: February 11th 2016
Edit Blog Post

We arrived at our resort, the Aston Kaanapoli Shores around 9:30 Hawaiian Time, 1:30 AM Central. It sure is a long day of travel from Chicago to paradise, but it is worth it. I swear that years ago, United flew directly from Chicago to Maui. Maybe I'm nuts, but no airline does it anymore, so it's 9 hours to Honolulu, an hour wait and a half hour flight to Kahului, Maui, followed by a 45 drive to Lahaina/Kaanapoli Beach.



We're in a suite right on the ocean and there's nothing like falling asleep to the sound of the waves crashing.



As usual, the forecast is 79-82 and sunny every day for the next five days. Can that get boring?? After hanging around the pool in the morning, we headed into the town of Lahaina for lunch. Lahaina is an old whaling town with a lot of history, including missionaries who came here in the early 1800's. We went to Cheeseburger in Paradise for lunch. It's such a nice place right near the dock, open air and right on the water. Their Mai tai's were excellent.



After lunch, we headed to the docks to make a choice of a boat for whale watching the next day. Jan and I had a captain and boat in mind that we used for the last two times we were here. He wasn't around anymore and I asked a local lady if she knew who I was talking about. She said, "Oh yeah, that was Crazy Dave. He lost his insurance and the boat." My guess is he lost his insurance because he got you real close to the whales, which is why we wanted him. Well hopefully we have as good an experience as we've had in the past. We find out tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Cheeseburger in ParadiseCheeseburger in Paradise
Cheeseburger in Paradise

That damn umbrella got in the way.
Two Babes I Checked Out Two Babes I Checked Out
Two Babes I Checked Out

On the dock walk in Lahaina.
Lahaina Banyan TreeLahaina Banyan Tree
Lahaina Banyan Tree

Largest in the USA. Covers an acre.


Tot: 0.189s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.1427s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb