Oct 21st Blog Entry - Build Day #4


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Kaua'i
October 21st 2010
Published: October 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today was day#4 of our build and you know what, it was a non-build day for us. Our entire team spent 5 or so hours today working at the Habitat Restore Thrift Shop. It was in much need of several hands to consolidate and organize several areas within the store to make room for other items coming in. Cindy (manager of Restore) explained to our group that sales increase quite a bit after a team like our size comes in and helps organized for a while. To be honest, it was a hard day for our team to skip building for the day and to help Cindy in the store….but also we recognized we are here to serve in any fashion Kaua’i Habitat needs us. Some team members organized sections of the store where appliances and cabinets are displayed. Some team members worked on sorting tile, yet others worked on shelves that had misc. items that needed to be grouped.

By the time we left, the store was in a little better shape. Most of the team members also took a few minutes to browse thru all the luau shirts for sale (our team will be doing a luau on Monday night). We’ll try and share a team photo with our purchased luau shirts. 😊

Mobile Munchies, a service provided by Lihue Lutheran Church (we attended service there last Sunday), provided our team with lunches for the day, which consisted of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, veggies, chips, and a drink. It is awesome to feel the community support here. And ultimately, the donation of these lunches allows more funds to remain with the affiliate.

After lunch, we were done for the day. Several team members opted to visit the National Tropical Botanical Gardens while others relaxed by the beach. We all joined up again late afternoon for a sunset cruise.

Tomorrow, a full day of work lies ahead of us.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0587s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb