Big Island Arrival


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Big Island
June 1st 2017
Published: June 2nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

i have arrived, yippee! Great flights on Hawaiian Airlines. I must have been booked on a newer plane, seating very different from last time. Felt like I was in a science fiction transport. From the rear, the seats looked like the back of some amusement park ride. Three rows across, three deep, with two seats in each curved seat. Picture looking at nine sets of white ultramodern curved walls, only they are only four feet high. As you come around to the front, there are two seats to your left facing a grey plastic magazine and safety card rack at the top, with storage below. The seats are leather and modern and the leg rest is to the left or right of the seat and approximately two feet away. Does not sound very comfortable, does it, especially to a person with short legs? There are all kinds of icons on the center armrest, a circular dial setting into the armrest, and USB ports on the front. I figured out what the dial was for quickly. Roll it forward and the seatback starts to tip backwards and the rest of the seat moves forward maaking it easier to use the footrest. Turn the reverse and seat goes back to the original position or any interim choice. Every thing looked so futuristic. Push down on either bar on the console and a tray table pops up. Push down on the black button and up pops a bar that folds in the middle with a long slot in it. After being served fresh guava juice in a real glass along with an ashtray size plate of macadamia nuts, back comes the flight attendant with a full size iPad and headphones. The iPad fits perfectly in the slot in the pole. Flight was lovely, food tasty and served on china plates, and I got to see two movies I wanted to see: Lion and Magical Beasts and Where to Find Them. Six hours went by smoothly and pleasantly. Landed in Maui for short layover then on to a thirty minute trip to the Big Island. Jeanne and Larry both look great. New dog is adorable though very timid. They rescued him from a place where a guy had eight dogs and cancer and he did not treat dogs well. Abaco and Cayo seem to be getting along well. Really glad to be In warmer weather. Wonder what adventure awaits me tomorrow. Need to get more sleep, though it is only 8 pm here, it is two AM back home. So I will bid you all a good night. aloha!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.18s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0528s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb