Anchor again in Ga south of Savannah River


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Georgia » Savannah
November 10th 2009
Published: November 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Pulled up anchor this morning going to Savannah but talked to a guy and his wife that were anchored in the creek that had just left and they had a bad experience so we came back to the anchor we had last night and decided to wait out the weather. Put up the tarp and mixed a screwdriver and watched the rain. The temperature is warm so it was really pretty nice and relaxing. Winds light from the east. . May leave tomorrow and may be in Florida Thursday or Fri. Storm seems to have really calmed down so don't think it will be much of a problem.

Sitting on deck last night and thought I saw a bridge moving. Very wierd . Then I realized it was a hugh casino boat going out of the creek right beside us. Grabbed the new spot light that Dave and Ping gave me and shinned in their direction to make sure they saw us. They acnoleged and we did not get run over. Got up every two hours last night to check anchor and for big ships. Nothing else happened.

May be in St Augustine by this week end.

Fired the dinghy motor up last night and it still works fine. Old Bill from Morehead City knows what he is doing.








Advertisement



Tot: 0.372s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0913s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb