Anchored at Richmond Hill, Ga


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Georgia » Savannah
November 12th 2009
Published: November 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Left the anchorage yesterday ar 7:00 am, Wanted to get past St Catherines sound before we anchored but the weather looked bad and my chart plotter has started losing sattelite connection when it rains. Came up a little creek to a small area with an old but run down marina and a little restaurant and a few houses. It is near a town called Richmond Hill, GaAnchored up from the houses and dinghyed to the restaurant in 15 kt wind and rain. It was great restaurant though, warm and good food. I had crabcakes and baked flounder with keylime pie for desert.

Anchor did not drag in 30 kt gusts all night. Today decided to wait another day because it is really cold and cloudy. Tomorrow is to be sunny and warmer. Still hope to be in FL by the week end.

Doug is probably going to leave in St Augustine sometime next week, so who is next to take a ride.

Cell phone service here is spotty. I could not get on the computer last night but it is giving me a little time today.

Found out I may need to update my chart plotter online when I can get to a store to get a memory card.

I think this is the coldest day we have had. Hope they are right about it warming up tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



12th November 2009

Rough life you lead
Don it sounds so great. "Came up a little creek, found a great restaurant... " I really envy you the trip. Ted
13th November 2009

nor'easter
glad you are not up in hampton in this psuedo-hurricane!
14th November 2009

Kilkenney Creek
Yea Ted we bailed out in the creek one because it was looking pretty bleak and we were getting ready to go through St Catherines sound which is very open. And two my chart plotter for some reason will not connect to satalites whenit is raining and really cloudy at a time when I need it most. I thinkI have to download an update onto a memory card and load it into the plotter. We saw a few masts and checked it out on Skipper Bob's anchorages and ended up being this delapidated old marina run by this interesting old guy who we met when we dinghyed back to get ice. Then we found out there was a restaurant at a dock that had a shrimp boat tied to it. It looked dilapidated too and I thought ie would be run by an old couple and they would bring food out on the old family plated or something. When we got there it was a really nice place and we had a great meal witt wine and desert. Then we got back into our slikers and went out into the rain and wind intowone of the darkest nigthts I have ever seen to go abck to the boat.

Tot: 0.353s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0801s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb