On The Road....Again


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Georgia » Greensboro
September 3rd 2010
Published: September 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Additional maps: So Far, So Good

Lobo and ZankyLobo and ZankyLobo and Zanky

Lobo getting a very well deserved ass-kicking from Zanky...a 110lb Dobie.
We left N.C. this morning around 11a.m. What a wonderful stay with our friends Deb and Herb! Thanks again for letting us unload the trailer on your front lawn and leave all our crap out there for 3 days. Thank goodness they have no neighbors. I'm just sorry I didn't get a picture of the mess.
We needed to get the brakes done on the trailer....and we needed to re-pack it. There was a bit too much weight riding in the front, so we ended up staying for 4 nights. The dogs loved it as they had many acres, and other dogs, to run around with. This morning, it was back in the van, but they seemed to adapt just fine.
We made it to Greensboro, GA. Found a wonderful place called the Jameson Inn for the night. (coffee is ready at 5am!). Better yet, a great little pub down the road for dinner. We're only about an hour outside Atlanta, so we're hoping to put some serious miles behind us tomorrow and get to the border by Sunday. We'll see.
We do stop alot thru the trip. If it's not the dogs, it's Bill and/or I that need to stop.
Re-PackingRe-PackingRe-Packing

Bill just finishing up re-packing the trailer. What a pain that was to unload it and then repack.
Never is one stop good for all of us. We're still pulling the same heavy load so it's the slow lane for us....55mph the whole way. Considering that, we're still making good time. We'll see where we get tomorrow.
Thinking of everyone on the Cape with Earl coming up. I do hope it's exciting, but not a full blown hurricane.




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Break TimeBreak Time
Break Time

Taking a break from loading it all back up.


3rd September 2010

Coffee ready at 5 am..perfect for you!!! I love the picture of Lobo and Zanky! Stopping often is good...makes the trip more enjoyable and hey, no need to rush! Better for your circulation, too (said the NP..;=) Safe travels!
3rd September 2010

Slowly, Slowly....
I think we're making good time, everyone....better yet, the dogs have been great!! Just made it to Mobile, Alabama. Off to get something to eat and walk the dogs. Stay tuned...I'm sure it'll get more interesting when we cross the border!

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0501s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb