Flight Day


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Georgia » Atlanta
April 30th 2013
Published: September 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 33.7481, -84.3909

Today was our long flight day. We got to the airport with my new 29 inch suitcase and I immediately went to an empty kiosk and self-weighed our bags. We had a strict 50 pound weight limit and my suitcase was at 58 pounds but Kamie was only at 38 pounds. I took our bags to the side, removed three "liquid" bags from my suitcase and put them in his... we came in at 48 pounds and 46 pounds. We lost 2 pounds in a one minute shuffle. Nice. We have a 44 pound weight limit on our Aer Lingus flight from Dublin to Venice. I'm hoping to drink 6 pounds of wine while we are in Dublin... a rather lofty goal according to Kamie! ;~)

Flights went smooth, by the way. St Louis Airport is so much nicer than Atlanta. Atlanta is Deltaville, however. We drove for 1 mile on the tarmac and I only saw rows and rows of Delta planes. Do any other airlines operate out of Atlanta??!! Surely so.

Our flight to Atlanta was quick and we arrived early. Kamie went straight for the smoking room and I walked around. Our flight to Dublin left early - we were on the plane an hour before takeoff - but our original plane had equipment problems so we were moved to an older, non-refurbished plane. The plane was smaller. Some people lost their seats and had to rebook. I was simply bummed that we didn't have individual monitors to play games and watch our own movies. The movies shown overhead were all Disney films. Eh. There were two babies on our flight. We never heard a peep out of either. Kamie says the parents are drugging the kids to be quiet - legally. Really?? Kamie smoked on the plane, many times, much to my dismay. He smoked his electronic cigarette- in his seat - he just put his blazer over his head like he was sleeping and went for it! It worked so well he continued to do it up until we were about to land and at that point, he just looked like a weirdo. My dear, dear husband...

We left St Louis & Atlanta in the 90s and arrived in Dublin to a windy 43 degrees.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

This is how dark it is on the plane at "night"This is how dark it is on the plane at "night"
This is how dark it is on the plane at "night"

Kamie reading is lighted Kindle


Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.019s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb