Everglades airboat tour


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida
April 5th 2017
Published: July 1st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 26.4789, -81.7788

This morning we packed up our things as later this evening we fly to Costa Rica. Enroute back to Miami we met Chris at an Everglades Swampland airboat tour. We enjoyed a quick visit before the three of us headed out on our tour. It was great fun and we would highly recommend it to anyone visiting the area. At the end of the tour we were allowed to hold a baby alligator. It was amazing and felt very different from what I expected.
We then said goodbye to Chris and headed off to Miami. It was wonderful to finally met Chris and we hope they soon will come visit us in Costa Rica.
Arriving back in Miami we returned our Hertz rental car. What a gong show that was! Terrible service. We then called Uber for a quick trip to the airport. Our flight from Miami to El Salvador with Avianca was a 2 1/2 hour flight and we received a hot meal. We were delayed leaving El Salvador but once in the air for our one hour flight we were served a hot sandwich. Not sure why other airlines have to cheap out! Unfortunately upon arrival my luggage did not arrive with us! But the airline knew where it was and they delivered it the next day.

Our main reason for coming to Florida was to meet my penpal Chris, which was definitely the highlight of our trip. Shopping was also good. There are definitely lots of shopping malls, golf courses and gated communities. It is also very, very flat!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.031s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb