From Tampa to Jacksonville- RV Trip


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida
April 5th 2006
Published: April 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Strawberry Fields and StandStrawberry Fields and StandStrawberry Fields and Stand

We bought wonderful strawberries at this quaint stand. Because we have a freezer in the RV, we washed and bagged half of our box to enjoy later.
April 4 - Albany to Tampa via Philadelphia - an hour delay out of Philly. Arrived in Tampa - no Mustang - oh well - to Butterfly Farm to PU The Schooner. To Brandon to PU groceries and return rental car. On the way to Sun City from the Butterfly Farm we happened upon a stray baby bull running down the road - he was so cute. He was rounded up and returned to his ranch with a little help from the cowboys and the RV. We stayed at a Flying J (truck stop that welcomes RVers) near Dade City for the night - Pickers and strummers in a home made RV behind us - $350,000 Prevost next to us - who has more fun? We took a walk around the Flying J after dinner. The trucks are amazingly huge, most fully loaded with showers, beds, TV sets, etc. Most truck drivers seem to be men. Many travel with wives and girlfriends. We saw one cab that was totally customized in chrome - it was a motor heads dream; as shiny as could be.

April 5 - Wednesday morning, we headed for Jacksonville and Savannah via Route 310 - lots of RVers.. Enjoyed seeing Gainesville and the University of Florida - enjoyed seeing the horse farms near Ocala. Had been to Ocala in the winter - MUCH more attractive in April - aren’t we all? - stopped at an Indian River stand for oranges and a very mom and pop strawberry stand outside of Stark

Two great travel books, aside from the ubiquitous AAA travel guides, include Rachel Ray’s “Best Eats in Town on $40 a Day” and “1,000 Places to See Before You Die. A Traveler’s Life List” by Patricia Schultz. We have visited several of Rachel’s recommendations and love to check off spots recommended by Patricia Schultz as we travel along. These two books make great gifts for the traveler- head to you local independent book seller and look them up.


Business on the road. I have answered several phone calls and e-mails since we flew out on Tuesday morning. An item that we will see about soon, is whatever it takes to receive a fax over the lap top whiled on air card. The home phone number has been forwarded to one of the cell phones. Actually right now I am using the PC while we are heading for Georgia.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb