Punta Gorda and Charlotte Beaches


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida
December 15th 2006
Published: December 17th 2006
Edit Blog Post

On our next to last day in Florida, we headed for Fisherman's Pier in Punta Gorda. A guy in a golf cart marked "shuttle" asked us if we wanted a ride, we got in and got a nice narrated tour or this collection of souvenier shops, nice stores, and interesting restaurants. We would recommend lunch on the upper deck of Harpoon Harry's; both for the food and for the view. We discovered that the fishing charters and boats to other islands are available with free parking, from Punta Gorda. Later in the day, we walked on the beach at Palm Island. The northern part of this island - close to Venice, Florida - is especially lovely. Don't try the northern section of Palm Island in an RV though, as the gorgeous canopy of trees would grab your antennas. It's time for us to fly north for Christmas. We put The Schooner into storage in Fort Myers and will return in Feb. That itinerary includes Sarasota, Cocoa Beach (East Side of Florida), and Ocala where we will visit a thoroughbred filly yearling that we own with a few others; but who knows where else it will take us. We are enjoying the spontaeous life that RVing offers.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Russian Sail BoatRussian Sail Boat
Russian Sail Boat

This sail boat is named after St. Peter - that's the carved image in the bow. Would you sail from Russia - following the course of Capt. Bering (of Bering Sea, Bering Straight fame) in this vessel?
Russian ShipRussian Ship
Russian Ship

This sail boat started out from Russia in 1991- it sailed into Punta Gorda in early Dec. 2006. Check out the story www.pobar.com


Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0259s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb