Filling Passport Application Tampa–Avoid the Mistakes


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida
October 6th 2017
Published: October 6th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Are you planning your international vacation with your family? Are you intending to go to the tropical beach and enjoy your beach vacation to the ultimate? Or do you want to go on some leisure trip to Europe for exploring the lovely places that the continent has? Whatever be your destination, you will need a passport for visiting a foreign land. Without a valid passport in hand, you will not be allowed entry in any foreign country. So, before you even start making vacation plans for international destinations, see that you have your passport with abundant time left for renewal.

If you do not have a passport at all, it is time that you get it done right away so that there are no delays in your travel plans and programs. You will need to apply for a new passport by making passport application in Tampa. You might not know that errors in the application form can lead to rejection of the same and your passport processing will be delayed. Mentioned below are some of the most common errors that people make while applying for a new passport at the passport office in Tampa :

• Fill up the application form without any errors

Be very careful while you are filling up the application form. It is recommended to sit with all the needed documents so that you do not have to get up again and again for confirming data for filling up the form. If you are not very sure, make a copy of the application form and fill that up first. Only when you are confident, fill up the original form. Refrain from overwriting, cross-outs or using white ink for erasing. Also do not make any kinds of marks on the application form as it might lead to rejection and suspension of the form. For filling up the form, only black ink is accepted. For minimizing errors in the application form, it is recommended to fill the form online and then get it printed. The form remains legible without any chances of cross-outs and overwriting.

• Photos for the passport

Whether it is getting a new passport or passport renewal in Tampa FL, having the right kinds of photographs is very important. There are specifications which need to be followed for the photos. And if they are not followed, the photos get rejected. Usually applicants try and take photos themselves and want to use it in the process. It is recommended to get the photos clicked from a professional as they know what kinds of photos are needed exactly for passport processing and renewal. Some common reasons for photo rejections include bad quality images, size of head too small or too large, incorrect background color, expired film etc.

• Birth Certificate

You have to submit the original or a certified copy of the birth certificate. Photocopies of the same are not allowed and will not work. The birth certificate should be issued by the state in long form format with full names of the parents. Hospital certificate will not do in this case.

• When the application is for a minor

This is an area of grave concern and there are times when the State Department refuses to issue a passport. While applying for a passport for a minor, it is important that along with the child, both the parents must be present in front of the passport officer. It might happen that both the parents cannot be present on the given date. In such a situation, proper consent forms are needed for hassle free processing of the passport.

• Paying the Government fee

There is a passport application fee that needs to be paid for passport processing. Paying the incorrect amount or making the cheque payable in the wrong name can also lead to problems in passport processing. For people who mail their passport application, the fee should be payable to ‘U.S Department of State’ in the correct amount. The fee can be paid via US postal money order or via checks. The application fee is non-refundable in nature. Whether your passport is issued or the application is rejected, the fee remains detained with the Department of State.

Keep these simple things in mind and your passport will be processed in hassle free manner. once you have the document in hand, you will be ready to enjoy your international vacation without any further delay.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.267s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1269s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb