Tampa RV Show & Willey's


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Tampa
January 21st 2016
Published: January 21st 2016
Edit Blog Post

Still back tracking ......pretty soon we can move forward but not yet. Mark your calendar on Saturday, January 16th. The friendly foursome boarded Sam's new car and set sail for the biggest RV show in Tampa. We go every year. Lulu didn't miss a step...she jumped inside the vehicle and took her seat. Buckle up, Baby!

The day was perfect. Clear-blue skies, warm temperatures and not horribly crowded.....there were still tons of people but not shoulder to shoulder as in times past. We made our way past the multi million dollar RV's. Their glitz and glory make you drool. Outside, we were in RV land. Sandy and I hoped in and out of many of them. We liked some of the new additions found in various units. Their creators are geniuses.

We found our way over to the exhibition buildings where the hundreds of vendors try to convince you that their item is a "must have." We almost agreed with one vendor selling those bamboo pillows. They looked and felt so nice. We were very tempted. Best deal: $90 for 2. We hemmed and hawed and then walked away. Had we made the right or wrong decision? We were torn. Lulu kept saying "go for it" but she doesn't always know best.

Now that we had walked a hundred miles and our legs were worn down to nubs (we were almost down to Lulu's level), we slithered back to the car. Cory's phone said we walked 4.9 miles and over 10,000 steps. I think it was a under estimate. Whew...it still was a good workout plus a very fun day.

We decided to go to Willey's for supper. It is in the area. Used to be an old fish camp and called Fat Willey's. Must be Willey slimmed down cause the "fat" is gone. Cory got his grouper....and so did I. Yummy! All's right with the world. After cruising the busy highway to home, it was dark. We could hear our bed calling us. WELCOME Home! No hesitation here. Splot....we dove right on it. Zzzzzzzz. Instantaneously! I bet you are just as weary. All this fresh air and exercise kind of does you in at the end of the day....right? Get some rest....we aren't done yet.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Cory & JimCory & Jim
Cory & Jim

A Brimfield dealer friend
Bag man SamBag man Sam
Bag man Sam

Lulu hitches a ride, also
Snuck onto this rideSnuck onto this ride
Snuck onto this ride

A fancy razor vehicle
Willey's Fish CampWilley's Fish Camp
Willey's Fish Camp

Even bananas growing in a tree


Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0566s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb