Pit Stop in Tampa


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Tampa
January 22nd 2013
Published: January 23rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Our flight home out of Tampa didn't leave until nearly 5pm. We checked out of our bungalows before noon and swung by Turtle Beach to say goodbye. Oliver continued yelling at the ocean as he threw his shells back to sea. Andrew joined in, throwing shells and yelling, "I don't like work!"

When we were done with our beach goodbyes, we left for Tampa. We still had a lot of time to kill, so we decided to find a park near the airport for the kids to run around. We drove by Raymond James Stadium, and then we spotted a large park called Al Lopez Park. It was perfect. It has facilities and at least three separate playgrounds. The kids played for a solid hour. My parents got to stroll around, and they spotted a small body of water with signs warning of an alligator!

We gassed up at a station that was half gas station and half Dunkin Donuts. We don't have Dunkin Donuts in Denver, so we decided to indulge. My chocolate glazed donut and black coffee were so good. When we were done killing time, we left to drive the last few blocks to the airport. I can't believe how quickly this trip went by.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 18; qc: 82; dbt: 0.1023s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb