FLORIDA: Saint Augustine


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » St Augustine
July 24th 2006
Published: July 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

On the wayOn the wayOn the way

Our area has many of these beautiful tree lined roads.
Hello from Saint Augustine, the oldest town in the US.
The town is only 1.5 hours from Gainesville, on the Atlantic coast. It's a nice little town which attracks lots of visitors for a taste of the old times.
On the way there, we pass by several tiny Southern towns, very typical of the Floridian landscape.
It's nice to stroll the streets lined with the victorian old houses, now transformed into bed & breakfast, art galleries and stores. The smell of freshly made candy follows us while we window shop on St. George Street.
There are several cozy restaurants in town but we still haven't found one with great food worth a return trip.
However, the Manattee vegetarian cafe, although not a picturesque place, offers delicious vegetarian food. We 've been eating there since our first visit to St Augustine, 9 years ago.
There are several sites to be visited: the fort, the oldest house, museum, Flagger college, the campus fo the famous the school for the blind, churches, etc. I'm on old timer, so no pics of these sites.
However, here I share a few random pictures so you can see a little bit of north Florida, which is nothing like Miami or Orlando. This is the true South, you know?
See ya.
Com um beijo,
Patricia


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Fun ShopsFun Shops
Fun Shops

The little hat store
Fun ShopsFun Shops
Fun Shops

A cafe sign
SurpriseSurprise
Surprise

American flags are in almost very store, and houses, but what surprise to see this store with a Brazilian flag too!!
Old country homeOld country home
Old country home

We cross several tiny towns with old homes like this one.
On the porchOn the porch
On the porch

Click full view to note the "folks" drinking sweet tea, their country little garden and porch "decor".
A little lake by the hotelA little lake by the hotel
A little lake by the hotel

You can bet this lake was filled with alligators, but we enjoyed talking by the water.
My garden back homeMy garden back home
My garden back home

It's super hot and humid but some of my flowers still dare to bloom. I love colors!


Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0263s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb