St Augustine Beach Resort - Manatee Cafe


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » St Augustine
February 3rd 2006
Published: February 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

St Augustine Resort

& Vegan Cafe

St Augustine is the oldest city in America (if you’re not Native American). It’s a quiet little beach town with an historic fort and nice boutique shops to find cool gifts and even cooler people. For an anniversary my lovely wife and I headed down to St Aug (as the locals call it) to stay at a St Augustine beach resort, the Saint Augustine Beachfront Resort.

The resort was really nice with luxury accommodations and a nice pool. The beach was just steps from the hotel and restaurants all up and down the street. Unfortunately there was no vegan St Augustine restaurants on the strip near the hotel. So I Clustered it and found one vegan friendly restaurant in St Augustine and a couple of vegan friendly restaurants in the next town over called Jacksonville.

The restaurant we found was called the Manatee Café that sits in a little shopping square. It was your typical favorite local restaurant and was packed with fellow vegetarians, vegans, and health fanatics. The food was awesome. The menu included breakfast items, so I decided to have some scramblers, hash browns, and a soy shake for dinner. I love the hash browns there, which are actually potato wedges. The scramblers were good as well. Since it was the only vegan restaurant we visited it every day for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. But we didn’t mind since the menu contained a lot of items for us to choose from and the food was great.

Technorati Profile

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 14; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0474s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb