Until Next Year Sarasota


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Sarasota
February 20th 2010
Published: February 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Lunch on the SidewalkLunch on the SidewalkLunch on the Sidewalk

The best baquettes - C'est La Vie!, Main St., Sarasota - smart that during Art Fest they put their artists vendors back to back down the middle of the street so that existing restaurants and retail have a chance at the crowd.
We started "breaking camp!" on Sunday afternoon since rain was predicted for Monday morning our scheduled "kick off." We buttoned the rig up with all our little "get out of town rituals" and were all set to go in the monring. So lucky that Sunday was a great pool day at Sun N Fun.

Sarasota has provided several spontaneous "meet & greets" of people from home for us. Yesterday we bumped into the DiNallos - Linda and Jerry (Anthony) from Mechanicville at the wonderful Sarasota Art Fest downtown. At the same art show, we stopped in at clay sculptor Brenda (no relation) McMahon's booth. This artist lives in Ohio and St. Pete, Fl. Zita and I visited her studio in Greenwich, NY (across the Hudson from Schuylerville) during the Pottery Tour a few years ago. And, a guy who grew up on Ushers Rd and married a girl from Mechanicville, stopped by the RV on his bike and later returned with his wife, Barbara LaVigna Gregory (Gregoir). We spend a fun hour trading names and playing who you know that we know! This is in addition to running into Mr. Musler at the Museum last week! Small world gets smaller.

This is our third or fourth time at the Sarasota downtown arts fair, where we saw the DiNallos and Brenda! The farmers' Market runs simultaneously on a cross street. We didn't buy; but we loved looking! Fun snacks - street food and a light lunch on the sidewalk at C'est La Vie! My pate on baguette was to die for and ample enough to be lunch next day. Wes had a great baguette sandwich too.

Oh, and I spotted a very rare Roseate Spoonbill fishing in a ditch one morning. So surprised to see it; I didn't even nab a photo and had to borrow one from Wikipedia. Beautiful bid!

Au revoir, Sarasota and Sun N Fun. Until next year! We will surely return next year!



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Arts FairArts Fair
Arts Fair

Juried is the key word - very select!
Roseate SpoonbillRoseate Spoonbill
Roseate Spoonbill

Photo courtesy of Wikipedia!


Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0322s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb