More Ringling & Sun n Fun, Sarasota RV Park


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Sarasota
February 16th 2010
Published: February 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

The DavidThe DavidThe David

We are in Sarasota at the Courtyard of the Ringling Art Museum. This David is an exact replica of the one in Florence, Italy.
This is our fifth return to Sun n Fun, an amazing RV Park in Sarasota. There is so much to do here - pool, hot tub, kiddie pool, giane slide, free mini golf and shuffle board, almost always a bocce tourney in progress, woodworking shop, lapidary shop, restaurant, poolside tiki bar and grill, entertainment most nights, fishing in the park's own lakes, etc. It skews a bit younger than many Florida RV Parks, especially now. We are here during the "President's Week" school break.

Sarasota and Sun N Fun are especially appealing because of the nearby attractions. Previous blogs have described many of the venues and fun spots. We highly recommend the play "Searching for Eden, The Diaries of Adam & Eve," a romantic comedy, which we caught at the Asolo Rep Theatre in the Ringling complex. It's funny and touching with dialogue that many couples - at least the two of us and the couples seated near us - can readily identify with. Before we went into the theatre we enjoyed a glass of champagne on the porch, compliments of the local Lexus dealer. The Mertz Theatre, once entertained audiences in Venice. It was totally dismantled and reassembled in Sarasota; much like its baby sister the Historic Asolo Theatre across the street at the entrance to the Ringling Museum complex. Both venues are gorgeous. Mi Pueblo for dinner was wonderful. Getting used to happy hour prices on beverages! Yummy and hefty glasses of Sangria helped us meet our fruit quota today.


The Third Thursday Sunset Cocktail Party, usually held on the terrace at Ca d' Zan the Ringling Mansion, had to be moved to the Art Museum Courtyard. The setting was wonderful, the 5 piece band played familiar danceable tunes with a hot edge, we were dressed for the chill, there was a waning crescent moon high over all, and the catering by Marie's Kitchen was yum! If we ever have to have a party in Sarasota we'll be sure to call Marie.

If there is one place in Florida where we would extend our stay beyond 2 weeks; the likely candidate at this point is Sarasota. Even when the weather is marginal; this town is maximum!



Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Theatre interiorTheatre interior
Theatre interior

The Mertz Theatre is one of two theatres, imported from Italy, on the grounds of the Ringling Complex. The repertory company is part of Forida State University.
Ca d'  Zan DetailCa d'  Zan Detail
Ca d' Zan Detail

Mable and John Ringling's mansion is over the top. We enjoyed a cocktail party on this patio last year; winds forced it into the couryard of the Art Museum this year.
Ringling Museum Courtyard PartyRingling Museum Courtyard Party
Ringling Museum Courtyard Party

A hot and saucy band played directly under the statue of David, the centerpiece of the courtyard.
Courtyard Ringling Fine ArtsCourtyard Ringling Fine Arts
Courtyard Ringling Fine Arts

This place is beautiful day or night!
Spring Home to the Baltimore OriolesSpring Home to the Baltimore Orioles
Spring Home to the Baltimore Orioles

Pitching practice has begun!
Circus Sarasota Circus Sarasota
Circus Sarasota

You can't think Sarasota without thinking Circus. Winter quarters for so many circuses over the years!


Tot: 0.505s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 23; qc: 120; dbt: 0.1899s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb