1st Leg - Are we out of Florida yet?


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Pensacola
April 14th 2016
Published: April 14th 2016
Edit Blog Post

So we made it, first leg of the journey complete. We finally got the repairs done on the Rv and are crossing everything that we won't need another! We had to say goodbye or I should say "see you later" to Deb and Dave who have been our next door neighbors for the last few weeks. It was a hard farewell, as we had become close allies in the Park. We will be praying for you Deb and look forward to seeing you again in a few weeks!

Trip Data: Jacksonville, Fl to Holt, Fl - 318 miles

We left the park around 11:00 and for the first few hours all was well until we hit the monsoon, visibility - 0, passenger nerves - 100, normally I don't mind a bit of rain, obviously its in my DNA, I was born in it, but driving down I-10 with juggernauts and crazies and 15,000lbs of your life behind you is a little unsettling. Coming off the Interstate with high hopes for our $15 bargain nightly rate started with the conversation that nothing could be worse than Bushnell! Well the entrance to Rivers' Edge campground certainly looked impressive, that is until you drive through the gate and arrive. Lets just say we made our way through the wet sandy swampland and found our spot for the night. Ok, fine its not claridges but it is a place to park for the night. After a few choice words and some tantrums because I somehow couldn't get the automatic levelers to not keep lifting the entire right side set of tires off the ground, we just let it go. So hopefully when we drive down the road today through yet more torrential rain we won't drop an axle. Who knows?

So to leave you with one thought on the first nights experience; the wifi name is "Sugarpie" and I hear banjoes playing 😊

Advertisement



15th April 2016

When you get to Austin...
If you get to Austin... Be sure to go to Franklin's BBQ... Best BBQ in the US!

Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0742s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb