Off We Go!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Pensacola
July 31st 2010
Published: July 31st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Peru2010


Well, its just about time to leave... 7 hours and we're on our way to the airport, Jeep loaded to the gills! Hopefully, a map of the trip will show here and everyone can get a better idea of where we're going. We'll be flying from Pensacola to Atlanta, then from there to San Salvador in El Salvador. We'll be there for 7 days doing mission work for the Hillcrest Baptist Church. My wife and I will be Spanish interpreters and I'll be helping to build houses for a refugee camp. Next Saturday, when everyone else returns to Pensacola, we fly from San Salvador to Lima, Peru. From there we travel by bus (21 hours!) to Puno on Lake Titicaca, where we are scheduled to take an overnight tour to the islands, staying with a native family. After that, we travel by tour bus to Cusco where we'll continue to acclimate (12,000 feet in both Puno and Cusco) before begining our 3-night, 4-day trek on the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. The day after we return to Cusco, we'll leave for a 4-day, 3-night trip to the Manu Reserve in the Amazon. I hope everyone will enjoy following our trip. I'll try to make a journal entry every night except for the days on the Inca Trail and in the Amazon, where there not only is no internet, but no electricity! See ya in El Salvador.

Advertisement



2nd August 2010

We're keeping up with the blog!
Hey Dad, I've read your first 3 blogs and am anxiously awaiting more. Glad you guys got there safe. Hope you guys get all your work done and have fun doing it! Love you all; take care.

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 10; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0591s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb