Pensacola, Florida


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Pensacola
May 1st 2023
Published: May 8th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Pensacola Beach BoardwalkPensacola Beach BoardwalkPensacola Beach Boardwalk

The boardwalk had quite a few retail shops and beaachfront on the harbor side. This was too fun a picture to pass up! Oysters produce pearls of great price.
Time for the beach! We spent 3 nights in Pensacola. We arrived Friday, and after getting set-up at our campsite at the Pensacola RV Park, we headed to Rosamond Johnson Beach, Gulf Islands National Seashore. Our America the Beautiful pass got us in free! The beach was beautiful and not crowded. The next day we enjoyed Palafo Market in downtown Pensacola. This farmer's market has artisans, crafters, bakers, and others selling their goods. We came back to the RV with some goodies and hunkered down for a few hours of thunderstorms. Sunday, after church at Echo Life, we headed to Pensacola Beach Boardwalk, the Pensacola Pier, and then the Santa Rosa National Shores Beach. We highly recommend the National Shore Beaches, beautiful!


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Pensacola Beach BoardwalkPensacola Beach Boardwalk
Pensacola Beach Boardwalk

We climbed to a top level to get a great view of the harbor-side of the boardwalk.
Pensacola Beach BoardwalkPensacola Beach Boardwalk
Pensacola Beach Boardwalk

This hippie vibe van at one of the restaurants was too fun to resist a photo!
Pensacola Beach BoardwalkPensacola Beach Boardwalk
Pensacola Beach Boardwalk

Gorgeous piece of driftwood on the boardwalk.
DockDock
Dock

Dock by the beach at the Boardwalk.
BuoyBuoy
Buoy

We had never seen a buoy out of the water.
Beachball Water TowerBeachball Water Tower
Beachball Water Tower

Pensacola Beach water tower. Appropriate design!
Pennsacola Beach PierPennsacola Beach Pier
Pennsacola Beach Pier

We walked out on the really long fishing pier at Pensacola Beach. It was fun to watch the surfers out in the water. A few actually caught a ride on the waves!
National Shores Johnson BeachNational Shores Johnson Beach
National Shores Johnson Beach

The beach was beautiful and it was not crowded.
Surfs UpSurfs Up
Surfs Up

Mike was trying to just wade in the water and not get all wet.
WavesWaves
Waves

Well, at least he had his swimsuit on when this wave hit!
Pensacola Santa RosaPensacola Santa Rosa
Pensacola Santa Rosa

It was windy at the beach, so we settled for wading in the water. Lying on the beach, the wind whipped the sand which felt like you were being sand-blasted!
Pensacola Palafo MarketPensacola Palafo Market
Pensacola Palafo Market

One end of the market honored the military branches with these decorated ducks.
Farmers' MarketFarmers' Market
Farmers' Market

The rain held off for our trip through the market. So many artists and bakers!
National Shores Santa Rosa BeachNational Shores Santa Rosa Beach
National Shores Santa Rosa Beach

The waves were higher today with rip current warnings and the floor dropped off close to shore. We stayed close to shore.
Beach visitorBeach visitor
Beach visitor

This fellow walked about 50 feet of the beach and then flew off. Beautiful!


Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0568s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb