Edit Blog Post
Published: January 22nd 2015
Saint Nazaire cathedral.
This list was made up recently and it is my own personal opinion. I am certain many of the Travel Blog members on here have perhaps, seen more breathtaking views than I have. If so, please post them here. I would be very interested to know what other spectacular sights other people have seen, and would like to share with all of us. I should mention too that this list is shown in alphabetical order according to the name of the city (in capital letters) where the sight is located. For example, number 1 is not necessarily my favorite place. ALL of them are my favorites!
1. Saint Nazaire cathedral, from the Orb River in BEZIERS, France.
2. Mont Blanc and the Alps, from a street in COURMAYEUR, Italy.
3. The Arabian Sea with coconut trees in the foreground, from the terrace of the Hill & Sea View Hotel in KOVALAM, India.
4. Basilica of Notre-Dame de Fourviere (located on a hill) in LYON, France.
5. View of the marina and city, from a restaurant in Principality of MONACO.
6. Moon over the Mekong River, from a riverside restaurant in NONGKHAI, Thailand.
The Alps as seen from the town of Courmayeur.
Georgetown city and Penang island, from the top of Penang Hill, PENANG, Malaysia.
8. Pagodas dotting the hillside, from the Irrawaddy River in SAGAING, Myanmar.
9. Samana Bay from a pleasure boat in SAMANA, Dominican Republic.
10. Golden Gate Bridge and San Francisco bay, from the top of a hill in SAN FRANCISCO, USA.
11. Sunset from the top of a ruined 10th century temple in SIEM REAP, Cambodia.
12. The Shwedagon pagoda illuminated at night, from the Yuzana Hotel, YANGON, Myanmar. Honorable mention:
1. Lakefront view of the city in GENEVA, Switzerland.
2. City skyline from the World Trade Center, NEW YORK CITY, USA (before 9/11 attacks).
Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.043s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0159s; 1; m:saturn w:www (220.127.116.11); sld: 1;
; mem: 1.2mb