Travels with Snowbirds January 12, 2013 St. Cloud FL


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Orlando
January 12th 2013
Published: January 13th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Saturday January 12, 2013

Floridian RV Resort, St. Cloud FL

The One About Laughter Yoga

Shouting out to Ginnie’s friend, Debbie. Deb – somewhere on the blog page there is a link to subscribe. If you are interested, click that button and you will get an email each time I post a new blog. Glad to have you following along.

I am thrilled I have fallen into a nice pattern of sleeping. I start to get ready for bed around 11, by the time I am ready to put the light out it is midnight - walk the dog, brush the teeth and floss (gums are really bothering me), make the bed, and being an old lady at midnight, I move slow. But, the good news is, I have been sleeping until 7 or so, and usually am woken up by Sir Winston telling me it is time to go out. I look out the windows to see if anyone is looking, then run outside in my shortie pajamas (not a wonderful sight I am sure), grab his long lead, and hook his harness up to it. Then I can unmake the bed and stow the bedding, get dressed in yesterdays clothes (clean clothes come after morning shower) start the coffee, hook the ipod (John Edward’s “Fallen Masters.”) up to my ears and take him for a walk. This is a huge campground we are in, and I have pretty much walked all of it. I use the term campground lightly, most of the sites are either permanent residents in permanent structures or 5th wheels. The area we are in is a rally area, along the back of the campground, 25 sites or so, separate bathhouse. There were 20 of us there, each paying $94, not a bad source of extra income for the campground. There is a canal running down the middle of the ‘resort’ leading out to East Lake Tohopekaliga, with some pontoon boats docked along the edges.

I heard from two different conversations this weekend that St. Cloud has long been a stronghold for the KKK, but that started to change in the 90s when the large influx of Hispanics bringing their own gangs and hate groups. I tried to research this, but didn’t find much information to report on, and I didn’t want to do too many internet searches on that topic.

I opted not to join the group going to the flea market. Imagine that. I wanted a down day, doing nothing, and that’s what I did!!! I swept my rug and inside my rig for the 5th time, ate some leftovers, and cooked for our pot luck dinner. Winston got a lot of walks, too.

Happy hour at 3 found us doing more Laughter Yoga. I just reread and realized I haven’t told you about Laughter Yoga! You will laugh! Member Kay read something somewhere about Laughter Yoga. She checked it out to see if she could attend a session, and none matched her geography or availability. BUT, she was available for Laughter Yoga training, and she is now a certified Laughter Yoga Specialist. The Indian founder believed laughter is a good exercise for mind, body, spirit. Kay lead us in different movements, such as laughing as if you are shy, laughing as if you see an old friend across the airport waiting area, laugh as if you were getting a shock from someone, etc., etc. 15 minutes of this and you really are laughing like an idiot. This put me and I suspect many of the others way outside our comfort zone, but it ended up being a silly thing that was enjoyed by all. Good going, Kay!!!!

I made sausage bread for pot luck (whole wheat pizza dough rolled out, covered with cooked sausage, peppers, onions, mozzarella cheese, rolled into a loaf and baked.) I didn’t have an appropriate pan, so I make-shifted one. That was a mistake. The cheese leaked out, all over the place, making the dough stick to the aluminum foil on my makeshift pan, and I couldn’t separate the bread from the foil and it was a mess. I salvaged a few decent pieces, and those who ate it said it was wonderful. I had my fill by eating the messy pieces before I took it to the dinner. Lots of good food, good conversation at the pot luck dinner. Judy, one of our members, met a single woman camper at another campground last week, and she had invited her over to visit LOWs and see what we were all about. Bonnie arrived and gave a lot of laughs. She is a member of The Green Hats, old girl scouts, and she had some great stories. She started our fire like she knew what she was doing! Then she taught us a song. Another thing way out of our comfort zone, but it was fun. It felt just like being at a Girl Scout campout! Only thing missing was the s’mores.

To bed early, I was bushed. Too much Laughter Yoga.

Kat out

Advertisement



Tot: 0.196s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0974s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb