Universally FUN


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Orlando
July 16th 2011
Published: July 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

On the Greyhound to Orlando our bus driver was quite a character. Usually it's the passengers that are the craziest but this bus driver took the cake. "They call me Momma" she started "Not big momma, lil momma, fat momma, thin momma JUST MOMMA." she then proceeded to tell us that "I AM YO MOMMA AND YO ARE MY BABIES. I will look after you until we reach our destination" at this point Lucy and I liked Momma but this changed when she kicked a child and her father off the bus and left them in the middle of nowhere becasue he was 2 minutes late getting back to the bus after a toilet break. Shocking.
So once we got to Orlando (2am) we checked into our dive of a motel and slept. We had an early morning and a busy day of all things Harry Potter related.
We spent the whole of the next day at Universal Studios Islands of Adventure park. Followed by a late night screening of the last Harry Potter film. Everytime I looked over at Lucy she was crying like a baby! I think she was still emotional over realising that Hogwarts doesn't exist and the close that we're ever going to get to it is an overpriced commercial pit of sweating americans. That's not to say it wasn't amazing - the 4d Harry Potter ride was the best I have ever been on, and after choosing to down a real frosty cold beer over a butterbeer we got up enough courage to ride the dragon rollercoaster (we did give in and also have a butterbeer - when in Rome - and it was a butterscotch delight). Considering the blistering sun in the morning our day ended in an unfortunate storm which resulted in us soaked to the skin and unable to ride on the Incredible Hulk coaster because they closed it. Boooooo. We did manage to do all the other rides we wanted to though - Jurassic Park, Spiderman, I even persuaded Lucy to take a ride round the Seuss carousel. Just arrived in Miami and am ready for some relaxation.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0781s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb