Trip Preparations


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Orlando
June 22nd 2009
Published: June 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

First and foremost, welcome to our travel blog. We wanted to share our travels with all our families and friends. So please make sure to keep in touch and give us lots of suggestions on things we absolutely can't miss.

Trip Prep


So we have been planning for several months now. We have our plane tickets (West Palm Beach, FL to Madrid, Spain then Amsterdam to West Palm Beach), Eurorail passes (21 days unlimited travel within Europe) and most of our hostel stays booked. Now we are just trying to figure what we really need to pack. Everything has felt so unreal up to this point. It seems like it was only a few months ago that Mitch and I were joking around about going to Europe. Now we are only about a week and a half away.

Master Plan


So it took alot of reworking to get to this point. We started with a alot of places in mind. First the plan was to start in Spain and then circle Europe, stopping in Italy, Czech Republic, Germany, Amsterdam, Brussels, England and France. Of course all of this wouldn't really fit into a month, so we shortened it down to the following itinerary.



So that's it for now, hope to read all of your comment and keep in touch throughout the trip.

Advertisement



25th June 2009

Things You Should Know
Hey, just wanted to share some things I wish I would've known before hopping the pond: First, your Eurail passes probably only cover the base fare for a train. If you have to take a high-speed train, you'll have to pay extra. Second, in the Cinque Terre, hike North to South. Most people do the other way around. Trust me, you'll be better going North to South. Second, if you see a path labeled "Guvano Beach" or "Spiaggia Guvano" or whatever, DONT go down the path. It's a death trap. If you're dead-set on going to the beach, pay the 5 euros to use the tunnel. It'll take you to the nude beach, but you should be able to walk past it and get to the non-nude section...or carpe diem and enjoy the beach in the buff. Third, are you staying at the hostel in Biassa (Ostello Tramonti)??? If so, and if possible, check out the pizza shop in town for lunch or dinner. Their pizza napolitana is amazing (yes, it's anchovies but don't knock it til you try it!). Fourth, Rome. Where are you staying? And please watch out for pickpockets!!! They frequent the bus lines, especially the ones between the city and the Plus Camping Hostel. They often work in groups. Also, if you have time, climb up the Aventine Hill (l'Aventino). It looks like there's nothing there, but at the top of the hill is a little square. There's a big white wall with a locked gate that borders the garden of some monastery. There is a keyhole in the gate. Look through it. It's worth it. Finally, have an amazing trip! Oh, and take lots of photos, so those of us stateside can live vicariously :)
29th June 2009

Changing it up
http://travelpod.com/members/knitrosvoyage Check out the new blog. You are the first person I sent it to. THanks for the suggestions they will definitely be helpful.

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb