OK we've got a camper....let's go somewhere!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Orlando
December 15th 2005
Published: December 15th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Moss Park      7/05Moss Park      7/05Moss Park 7/05

1st Overnight...with some wood storks!
May, 2005.... Got her all cleaned up, now we've got to figure out how to use this thing. Patty told me later that when we first pulled the thing off the lot she was thinking "Oh my God what have we got ourselves into?" But being old sailors, we knew about conserving water and batteries and self sufficiency. Besides, parking this thing is a lot easier than docking a 37'sailboat in a cross wind or currents!

Our goal is to see much of the natural beauty this country has to offer, especially the national and state parks and scenic areas. We wanted a camper because we wanted to be right in the middle of the parks with fresh air, scenery, hiking trails, less crowds and no motels. That and we're too old for tent camping anymore!

So now it's off to campgrounds around Florida so we can learn how to do this!

Advertisement



17th December 2005

The blog is great!
Now we can keep up with where you guys are and what you're doing! 20 years ago we all bunked up in a 4 person tent...Sara and I had Strawberry Shortcake sleeping bags, none of the this fancy stuff...my how times have changed :-)

Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 57; dbt: 0.048s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb