Debarkation and Disney World


Advertisement
Published: July 9th 2017
Edit Blog Post

We both woke up before the alarm. I went out on the balcony to watch the sunrise and Nikki got ready. Today was debarkation day.

After we were ready, we went up to Windjammer Marketplace to get breakfast. We ate leisurely because our debarkation time was not estimated until 8:30.

We strolled around the deck after breakfast and then went down to our stateroom to grab our bags and head to the Silk Dining Room to wait for them to call our debarkation group. We waited about 15 minutes and then got off the ship. It went fairly smoothly and we were in our rental car and on the way to Walt Disney World within an hour.

We had decided to go to Disney's Animal Kingdom and see the new Pandora area of the park before our 6:30 pm flight. We stopped at the Orlando airport on the way to drop our bags so they were not in the car in the parking lot at Animal Kingdom.

The parking lot at Animal Kingdom was packed. We were all the way at the far end of the lot. There were only two rows beyond where we parked. We hopped on the tram and went to the park. As we were walking in, I checked MyDisneyExperience App and The Flight of the Banshee has a 150 minute wait. By the time we got back to the attraction, the wait had grown to 180 minutes. We got in line and prepared for a long wait.

The time actually went by pretty quickly and after 112 minutes, we were on the attraction. The queue and the ride are really cool. We then sent to Satuli Canteen for lunch and tried a chicken bowl and a bon bon.

Then it was time to get in line for the Navi River Journey. The wait for this attraction was 95 minutes and it is all outside so it didnt go by quite as fast and it was truly a 95 minute wait. The ride is beautiful and, was a nice way to cool off.

The Pandora section of Disney's Animal Kingdom is really a beautiful and well themed land and is a great addition to Disney's Animal Kingdom Park.

After the Navi River Journey, we headed to the car and back to the airport for our flight home. The flight left on time and was really uneventful.

It was a great trip!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 29; dbt: 0.05s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb