Time to Leave Orlando


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Orlando » Disney World
October 7th 2010
Published: October 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Well our time in Orlando has come to an end and it's time to move to LA. I am in two minds about this, as we have had such a great time here I don't really want to leave, but I do want to see LA and I do want to see how different Disneyland is from Walt Disney World. I have to admit that I am not looking forward to the nearly 5 hours of flying time on a Delta plane with no entertainment for Jnr however, it needs to be done so "suck it up princess" and get on with it.
Incidently we spent yesterday in the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I did some photography of the resort and the animals, we watched a movie in the room and we packed (and weighed 😊)the bags (fun fun fun).
This morning we did a quick morning trip to Animal Kingdom park where LC and Jnr did a last hunt for Disney pins and had a couple of last spins on Expedition Everest. We also covered off a few others we hadn't already done. The park and the hotel was inundated with annoying flying ants, many of which were coupled strangely together as if they were mating!. 1 (2 actually) even hitched a ride with us to the airport in the bus. Creeped Jnr out, I can tell you.
Strange how it poured with rain all the way to the airport, as if Orlando Florida was crying to see us leave.
Security checks again, crap these are a pain in the *&^%. Queue, x-ray, persons and bags. Take off hats, coats, shoes, scarves etc. No liquids in hand luggage etc. We really are very lucky in Australia that we aren't quite this paranoid as yet.
On the flight, hhmph, LC has another annoying person who actually thinks that those reclining seats are designed to actually recline onto the person behind you's 6ft legs. Annoying I know.
Landed LA. Driver picks us up in baggage claim, he assists with collection of our many bags and transports us to Doubletree Guest suites in Anaheim. All in all it is gone 10pm when we arrive and we are all exhausted, still we unpack the clothes into drawers and then sleep in preparation for some exploration of Anaheim tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 51, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0595s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb