Revisiting Hollywood Studios park


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Orlando » Disney World
October 7th 2010
Published: October 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Its Friday 17th September and we are recovered from our evening of Fantasmic. It's back to the Hollywood Studio's park to cover off what we missed yesterday. Seeing as it is already 11am the first order of the day is to see the Indiana Jones stunt show. Apparently it starred Harrison Ford's stunt double. Whoever it was, he did a great job. Of course they pulled people out of the audience to participate, and this is the time that we all made ourselves as small as possible. Didn't get picked thankfully and did watch a great show. We tried afterwards to make the car stunt show but unfortunately missed the start time. From there we walked the park doing some retail therapy and getting some lunch. I have to admit that I (Mrs Chicken) had a run in with a retail storeperson at the Tatooine Traders store (one of the few places that the Disney Cast Members have been anything but perfectly behaved and they could show a few Aussie companies what customer service actually means) who was more interested in chatting to her work mates than she was in completing Jnr's transaction. It wasn't her as such that I had the beef with, rather one of her male workmates who loudly proclaimed me as "very rude" when I very politely excused myself and asked her if we could have the item we had paid for. He was unimpressed when I pointed out that they were actually there to assist customers and not chat amongst themselves whilst in the middle of transactions with customers. Anyway that aside we moved on to the Tower of Terror to continue an otherwise good day. Jnr and Mrs rode the Tower of Terror, Jnr loved it so much she wanted to queue for another 30 mins to ride it again (38 at this time of day!). Nope says Mrs, we can do it again when we get to LA. Meanwhile LC wanted to ride the Rock N Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith but wasn't willing to wait the 55 mins it took to get through the queue, he got a black Pixar T-shirt as a consolation prize through. Unfortunately this one wasn't to be, but we did make the new Prince Caspian - Chronicles of Narnia exhibit. We also found the "Chicken Only - Beyond this point" sign that made LC beam with joy. Again another good day at the parks and then back to our room for some air conditioning and a quiet night in...........


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0622s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb